1/3 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 Tb cold butter in small pieces
- Rub together until crumbly.
1 c flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
some cardamom for good measure
1/4 c shortening
1/3 c milk
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and shortening, then add the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
>2 c blueberries
- Butter 8" square pan. (If you want some to bring to work and some to leave at home, make a 1.5x batch, and put some in an 8" pan and some in a loaf pan.)
- Spread batter in pan, sprinkle with blueberries (all parts of the pan should be ~2 berries deep), sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350F for 40 min. Serve with whipped cream.