Sunday, June 15, 2014

The drink of laughter and forgetting

[Guest post by Lester, in the Great Going-Away Series of 2014]

If you're going to learn to make a cocktail, make sure it's a good one! We discovered this wonderful drink at Cure on a trip to New Orleans back in February and it's been my regular go-to ever since, i.e. I've not made anything else. I don't think I've had any other cocktail that's quite so well balanced, although it may be a little too bitter for some.

The quantities below makes around three decent sized cocktails, which is the usual quantity in which I make it.



1.5 oz lime juice
3 oz Cynar
1 oz green chartreuse
1 oz agave or simple syrup
28 drops Angostura

Shake with ice and strain into three little cocktail glasses. Garnish with a drop of Angostura. Perfection in a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment